So, I found a little black dress which was about four years old, and got a simple jumpsuit from a friend who just came back from Bangkok. An epiphany of changing those two outfits into something that I could wear out to a party or a club, was the first thing that came to mind. Conversely, I found these flowers that would look good on the outfit, so I pulled out a needle and a thread and started stitching 😀
That’s me! I look into my closet in search of simple outfits or things that I haven’t worn in forever, and then mix-n-match it with different things, or add/subtract certain elements to make it look like a new outfit. And it works every single time. So this is what I did.
Things you need:
- A needle
- Pearl top needles
- Flowers or any other accessories you would like to add to your dress.
- And most importantly, a little black dress.
Steps to follow:
- Lay the flowers down on the dress to see if it looks good. You can put them across:
- the bust area
- the hem of the dress
- on one side, going from top to bottom like a sash
- Pin those flowers with the pearl top needles.
- Put the thread into the needle eye, tie a knot at the end of the thread and make a basic stitch around the circumference of the flower. Repeat this step through all the different element you would like to add to the outfit.
Tips: If you are adding other accessories to make your simple dress look stylish, here are a few thing to keep in mind:
- If you are adding blingy crystals or pearls, you have an option of sticking it with fabric glue instead of sewing them onto your dress
- If you are using fabric glue, make sure you read the directions carefully
- If you are sewing, sew in such a way that the thread doesnt show on the outerlayer of the fabric
- Please use a black thread to stitch, or a color that matches the color of your dress.
After you have stitched those flowers on the dress, you are ready to go. Make sure your finishing is perfect i.e. no loose threads are sticking out.
This is what my LBD looks like after I stitched those flowers on it.
LBD 1 –
LBD 2 –
Hope you are having this Monsoon season.
Dress – U.S.A., Jumpsuit – Bangkok, Ring – Forever 21, Bangles & Earing – Colaba.